To customize your car interior, one of the simplest things you can do is install some custom car lights.
The range of light color and ambiance customizable in custom car lights makes it easy to create a unique look for your vehicle. Update the ambiance of your car with a cool blue light, or experiment with multi-color effects if you’re interested in something more flashy.
Custom interior car lights are usually LED lights that you add to your vehicle’s cabin. They offer the following benefits:
Don’t require the use of your battery: Depending on the type of custom interior car lights that you use, you don’t necessarily have to connect them to your battery.
When using LED lights on your vehicle’s interior, they tend to last longer than incandescent or halogen bulbs.
Installing custom lights allow you to show off your personality and really enjoy your car.
Custom LED car light installations give you the ability to pick from a variety of colors.
LED lights are one of the most common types of lights used in a car’s interior. That is because they use a semiconductor method to emit light, which means it won’t burn out like other types of bulbs. LED car lights also use less energy and don’t produce heat. This makes them an efficient choice for lighting the interior of your car. LED lights are often sold in strips, which can also make them easy to install.
Interior car lights are available in many different types, and include:
Car Door Lights can give you added illumination to your doors at night. This can help you find the door handle or window controls, or locate the storage in your door. Some people choose to use a modern logo light on the doors, showing off their appreciation of the brand they drive.
Accent lights can go anywhere to accentuate your vehicle. You might place them on your dashboard, underneath seats, or even in the backseat as a nice surprise for rear-seat passengers.You can put LED accent lights anywhere in your vehicle to make it more aesthetically pleasing and practical.
Dome lights illuminate the front and rear sections of your vehicle when opening or closing the doors with a soft glow and is customizable to your personal taste.. If you want to add a personalized element of style when welcoming passengers into your vehicle, this is the type of light that you will want to choose. You might replace your current dome lights with a brighter LED bulb, or choose a favorite color for a personalized design.
Under-body lights are definitely an excellent condiment in life. In ordinary days, drive your car and turn on the music, the LED underbody lights flow and flash with the rhythm of the beating. Step on the accelerator, the passionate music and colorful car chassis lights will quickly leave a bright impression on passersby.
Whip lights can be used as a as signal lights, warning lights and chasing lights. They can change the light color and light flashing pattern through remote control or mobile phone APP. Colorful and brilliant light modes will make your vehicle cooler and more attractive. Whether in busy traffic, the wilderness or on a construction site, the 360-degree bright LED whip light can clearly mark your location.
How to Replace/Install Custom Interior Car Lights.
Disclaimer: The guidelines in this story are general and not meant to replace instructions for your specific vehicle. Consult your owner’s guide to make sure you are following the guidelines specific to you and your vehicle before beginning any work.
- Decide where you want lights: It can be helpful to first plan out where you want lights. You have endless options available, so measure the area and determine how many LED strips you need.
- Determine how you will install them: There are a few methods of which you can use to install custom interior car lights. Using zip ties and glue is the most common.
- To prepare for installation, collect all the materials and tools you need. This includes a multimeter to measure voltage, crimp tools, wire-cutting pliers and a screwdriver. You may also need zip ties, wire connectors, electrical tape or glue.
- Supply power: Before you begin placing the lights, it can be helpful to determine your power source, which is where you will connect the lights. Ideally, this should be at least 12V and may be your stereo or outlet even. You can connect the car lights in your vehicle’s fusebox. Be sure to ground the negative power wire which will require a grounding point. This should be a spot under the dash of your car. Remove one of the bolts on the vehicle’s firewall and use a connector to slide the wiring under the bolt. Then, replace and securely tighten the bolt.
- Install lights: Connect the lights to the power source and then place the lights where you want them to go. Be sure to place the light’s controller in a location that is easy to reach. You will also need to decide when you want the lights to be on. You can set them to come on with your headlights or to only turn on when you use the controller. Some LED lights can be controlled using your phone.
- Test the lights after installation to ensure they are working correctly. If not, troubleshoot the problem to figure out what is causing the issue.
- You might also add fuses to the wiring or circuit for added safety. If you choose to replace bulbs for a more subtle look, then it is as easy as untwisting the old bulb and screwing in the new one.